Writing to INTO website
Writing to INTOpedia
So, how can you participate in this INTOpedia? It is quite easy. All users have permission to add INTOpedia pages. Easiest way to create new page is to add it from your workspace. There you give your article a title and a body. For INTOpedia, the parent part is really important. There you can see the hierarchy of INTOpedia and you need to choose where your article will be placed. Do not place your article directly under INTOpedia unless it is completely new topic. Another important thing is adding tags into the Free tags field. These will be used to create relations between different pages and blogs so that information can be found more easily.
Also when browsing through INTOpedia, you can see Add child page links. These can be used also if you have some information about the page, but you want to add more information related to it.
Remember, INTOpedia is all about structure and hierarchy. It will help to gather important information for students from abroad who are trying to survive here. If you have some random thoughts about some page, use the talk page where discussion takes place.
Adding images is little bit more difficult. But I will help you to add them. Here is how:
- Click on the image button when you are adding or editing a post (it can be a INTOpedia page, blog, event etc.)
- Choose Browse server.
- You will see your personal folder on the INTOserver. If you have not uploaded pictures before, it will look quite empty. Click Browse to choose the picture from your computer to upload.
- When you have found your picture from your computer, you need to click Upload File. If you want to create thumbnail of your picture, choose Create thumbnail before uploading.
- You will see your picture on the server on the top window. When you choose a file from top window, you will see the picture in the lower window. Clicking a picture will take you back to the editor.
- You can give a picture alternate text. Pressing ok will add the picture to your post.
- You are done! Now you can continue writing your amazing article, or even add another picture.
Blogs are your thoughts. You can write just about anything and others can comment on it. It's as simple as that. Use tags so that others will find your amazing thoughts more easily.
Forum is for discussion. If you want to ask some people for opinions or find travel buddies, this is the place.
Here you can just chat. Nothing fancy, but it works. Don't expect to find information from discussions after leaving chat.
Do you have something on your mind? Just shout it to everyone!